Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Life in Candida


I went to a "Canadian Tire" store today. But, I didn't actually buy any tires. I bought coathangers.

I am strangely attracted to the hot dog stand on Granville and Broadway. People crowd around it during the lunch time rush, coating their dogs in mustard and ketchup. I don't understand why I want to eat one because I am a vegetarian and haven't eaten a hot dog in years. Is 'Hot Dog' one word, or two?

When I go driving, I always reach for the gears with my left hand, and end up hitting a door. I have to use my right hand now.

Life in Candida is difficult, yet interesting.

I am busy finding jobs, and learning to drive. Both actions make me sweat profusely. The first time I drove by myself, I had a strange pain in my heart and left shoulder, like I was about to have a heart attack. My first left-hand turn across an interesection was almost a disaster. The chinese man in the car behind me didn't like the fact that I had put on my indicator late, and as I propped in the middle of the intersection chanting under my breath, "Ricky Racoon lives on the Right, Right, Right, Right...", he started beeping violently, and gesteruring like a lunatic assylum escapee...But that is the pot calling the kettle black! Chinese drivers across the world are renowned for being the worst drivers in the world. My Chinese friend, Jenn, admits that she is the worst driver in the world.

According to the 'RoadSense (one word!!) for Drivers: B.C.'s Safe Driving Guide' if someone displays agression and beeps impatiently at you whilst driving, you should, 'Respond with good driving manners. Give the other dirver plently of room and the right-of-way', and, 'Don't return aggression. Avoid eye-contact, keep away from erratic drivers and dont gesture back.'

I don't think the book was written by that Chinese person.

No comments: