Saturday, November 06, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

November 7th Entry

These photos were taken recently on my D90 and s600. Still waiting for my D90 to be returned to me...sorry for breaking the rules a little!

1. BOO
This week, I had to send my camera away to be fixed, so my "boo" equals "boo hoo": I cried the day it was sent away!


2. BLACK
'Black' was difficult, but I found this photo and thought my shadow would suffice. This was taken on Kitsilano Beach, Vancouver. I like the contrasting textures of the image. This shot is also very Canadian to me: only in Canada are there logs on the beach.

3. Texture
This was also taken in Vancouver while sitting on the patio of Elysian coffee shop with Jenn and Tamir drinking Intelligentsia coffee after a morning of Dim Sum at Kirin restaurant. It was a super warm day, and the roof over looking the patio was striking against the bright blue sky. The sky was this colour: a rare sight in October in Vancouver.
3. Wet
There is nothing better than a lovely glass of Barossa Valley Shiraz with a nice cut of AAA Alberta steak. We wet our whistle on this bottle of red last weekend to celebrate our 9th anniversary. Bethany is one of our favourite wineries in Adelaide. The best part is it is a mere 20 minutes away from where my family lives. We bought this bottle back with us to Canada in 2004. We are looking forward to returning to Bethany at Christmas time.
5. Language
Japan is an amazing country, and is a country that has good tasting cigarettes. I guess that is what this advertisement is trying to convey. We tried to re-create the picture with Mark as the buff male model. He does a good job! 





Enhanced by Zemanta

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your interpretation of wet--that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love your wet shot. Great photos. Sorry about your camera. What happened to it?

Darlene said...

My favorite is the texture shot. Sorry to hear about your camera. Here are mine:
http://darleneweberphotos.blogspot.com/2010/11/scavenger-hunt-oct31-nov6.html

Jody said...

My camera is malfunctioning - hopefully they can fix it under warranty! Thanks for the nice comments.

http://russianundies.blogspot.com/2010/11/you-capture-wednesday-first-entry.html

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Now that is some good thinking for a wet shot - I love the antiquenesss to the shot aswell. That texture one is great and what a sky!

Buckeroomama said...

Haha! You're right about the beaches in Vancouver... the kids had fun climbing over logs when we were there this summer. :) GREAT 'wet' picture!

Our Beaten Path said...

Oh I love it.....Good ones! And sorry to hear about the camera. I would be devastated also!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, the texture one is my favourite!

Unknown said...

i love your interpetation for boo hoo.. and the shadow for black is powerful.. nice work

Christine said...

Your wet shot is great! Sounds like a great meal!

Ashley Sisk said...

Your interpretations are great - I do love your wet shot as well. I'm going to a wine tasting this afternoon so it makes me excited for the day's events. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Dorothy said...

I don't blame you for the Boo Hoo! I think I might cry if I had to send my camera off. All of your pictures are good choices.

Unknown said...

I would be upset too if I had to send my camera away. love the wet shot.

Cari said...

I love the wet and texture photos!

For "black" I wanted to take a picture of my camera - but had no way to do it as I only have 1. LOL

Simon said...

Great photos. Sorry about the camera-hope it's back soon. Love the POV on your texture shot against that brilliant blue sky. We have lots of wood on the beaches here in Maine too. I have a driftwood piece as my texture.

Tara said...

I really like your texture shot! I would be so sad if I had to send my camera away...

Reading Allowed said...

Love your texture shot! And sorry about the camera :( I'm not sure I would ever know that mine was malfunctioning, I would just assume it was me!

Heather said...

Fantastic shots, very inspirational :)

Unknown said...

Awesome shots,nothing like a nice glass of Aussie
Shiraz.