Monday, January 17, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: January 16

Chad and I arrived home to -24 and a metre of snow on our balcony. In 20 hours we did a 50 degree swing and went from swimming at Manly beach to trudging through snow drifts. I will wrap up our Aussie adventure with pictures and stories after I get over my jet-lag.  I wanted to quickly post some scavenger hunt pics so that I can get back into the swing of Life-In-Edmonton.

1. A Different View
Chad, my family and I traveled to the James Well Crab Jazz and Shiraz festival on Yorke Peninsula, approximately 1.5 hours west of Adelaide. Due to the inclement weather, the little crabs are not growing as fast as they normally should, so there were no crabs to eat at the festival. We ate chicken instead. This is the closest I came to eating a crab at the festival. Luckily, there was lots of Shiraz and jazz to keep us entertained.

2. Looking Up
I quickly snapped this seagull whilst taking a walk on the beach at James Well.

3. Abstract
The water fountain at Manly Beach's outdoor shopping mall.

4. Hair
Tex the dog has fluffy hair around her mouth.

5. Half
We went to Max Brenner chocolate shop in Manly. Little Anna had half her babycino all over her face.
 Next Week's Scavenger Hunt:
  1. Memories
  2. Silhouette (current Mortal Muses' prompt)
  3. Doorway(s) (next week's Paper Heart Camera theme)
  4. Reflection (Jules' Suggestion)
  5. Silver (Jules' Suggestion)

Enhanced by Zemanta


2 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are wonderful but I really like looking up and half. Have a wonderful week!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Glad to see you back!!!! I'm loving looking up, abstract and half! Boy, what a culture shock you must've had coming back to this! I've lived here my whole life & I'm having a hard time adjusting!!!