Monday, December 06, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Dec. 4th

This is my last Canadian scavenger hunt before I head Down Under for a 6 week vacay with the family. My next post will be from Adelaide, Australia.

On a more somber note, I am having no luck with cameras lately...I just got my DSLR back from Nikon (very happy), but managed to lose my Nikon Coolpix S600 in a cab in Vancouver on the weekend (very not happy)...Oopsies! I lost a lot of fun Friday night pseudo-family dinner pics and after snapping Granville street at 3am I jumped into a cab and left it on the seat when I got out...Perhaps I had too many Christmas libations...I don't care about the hardware, but I would have liked to have seen the drunken snaps I took...the photos are now memories imprinted in my mind and a little harder to share on a photography blog. The sad thing is that the cash I was going to use for a flash will now go toward getting a new Nikon. Bah humbug!

1. In My Home

2. It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...
Our friend, Kam has created a winter wonderland in his house in Vancouver. I saw the Citadel Theatre's version of 'A Christmas Carol' last week, and thought this guy looked like Bob Cratchett. Where's Tiny Tim?

 3. A Sweet Treat
It isn't a trip to Vancouver without a taster at the Granville Island tasting rooms. This is their winter treat, a chocolate stout. Nice, Nice, Very Nice.
4. Time
Movember in December...Chad was proud of his mo. It takes time to cultivate and create a mo that is worthy of keeping into December...he kept it to show his mates in Vancouver. This is the last photo of the mo before it got shaved off.
5. Everyday
My favourite place in Vancouver is Spanish Banks. I could look at this view everyday and live right here for the rest of my life. This view is so amazing that I had to include 2 pictures.

 Merry Christmas and a big thank you to our mates in Vancouver who look after us so well every time we visit. You know who you are...

3 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Great captures - I love your shot for time...especially the meaning behind it.

Buckeroomama said...

That's a pretty impressive mo' he got there! I didn't know about Movember until all the male teachers at my son's school were sporting moustaches... =)

Great entries!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Beautiful shots!! The last one is my absolute favorite!!!! Have a Merry Christmas! I hope to see loads of photos from Australia!!! Sorry about your camera...grrrrr.