Friday, October 08, 2010

Saskatoon-Town

I had the opportunity to visit 'The Paris of the Prairies' last weekend. Saskatoon, a country town of 200,000 lies in the northern part of Saskatchewan. I was impressed with the local farmers market, Buds Biker bar and big Dave McLean's blues singing. Flint, a new wine and cheese bar located downtown gave us libations and headaches the following day. I was lucky enough to stay in a beautiful house overlooking the river valley and downtown, visit a Mendel Art Gallery shindig and visit the first nations park where the buffalo were captured and killed. I ate big Saskatchewan steaks. The town had a relaxed, friendly feel to it, and at times, I felt like I was in a county and western film, but the friendly and open nature of the townsfolk made me feel welcome and accepted. What a beautiful city to spend a weekend in!





I wish I dressed this cool when I was 3 years old.




This is where the buffalo died.

The birds!


Blowing kisses

Bennu! I want you!

Catch me if you can...sucker.

"And the baby bear put it's hand out and said 'Bao!"









I can't decide which one I like...


View from the Marken Pad


So much food at the Marken house! Chad was in his element.
Saskatchewan Meat Party



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Charmaine Poulin said...

BEAUTIFUL photos!!! Especially the sunsets.....oh my!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous photos of Jack and all...can I print them for my family?