Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bad Boy Dragon Child: Night 3

3 steps forward, 5 steps backwards...

Dragon Boy went to bed at 6:30 pm. Put himself to sleep in 30 minutes with a little protesting and moaning. It's quite funny to watch: he rolls his head from side-to-side, moans, yells, cries all while his eyes are completely closed. He's exhausted. The mental anguish is palpable and after 3 nights of observing him, it has become quite hilarious. Hubby and I stiffle laughter watching BBDC try to fall asleep.

He slept until 11:30 pm and I quickly nursed him back to sleep. Another wake-up at 2:25 am and then 4:05 and 6:15 am. 4-hour stretches interspersed with a 2 and 1 hour stretch. Improvement? I feel a little more rested, but my failure still lies in the fact that I cannot let him cry it out in the middle of the night. I feel things wont get better unless I find it in myself to do that.

Alcohol Consumed: Half a beer
Sweets: One bowl of ice cream with magic shell
Successes: 4-hour stretches
Failures: Feeding back to sleep

Aims for Night 4: Sitting on the bed away from the crib instead of beside him & letting him cry for 10 minutes instead of nursing him back to sleep.

Exhaustion level: 7/10

No comments: