Monday, September 17, 2012

Bad Boy Dragon Child Night 6 & 7

Night 6 was again, a massive improvement. It was so good in fact that Hubby and I watched a MOVIE (at home, but still, a WHOLE movie) without BBDC waking. He did wake briefly at 10 pm after the movie was finished, but I put him back to sleep without feeding him! Success! However, he did wake at 12:30 am and 4:30 am, and then woke for the day at 7:00 am, but this is a huge change to a week ago. Yay, yay YAY! 

Night 7 we truly tested him by eating dinner at a friend's house. He promptly fell asleep at 7:00 pm. When we got home at 8:30 pm we did the "B" routine and as I put him down in his bed, he rolled onto his side and closed his eyes immediately. He almost looked relieved that he was in his own bed. Out-frickn-standing, little Bad Boy! He woke at 12:30 and 4:30 am, but went back to sleep easily. 

Nap times during the day have also improved. I now can put him in bed, walk away and come back in 10 minutes to say "Sleepy time," touch his face and he closes his eyes and sleeps. Did somebody swap my baby while I wasn't looking? 

I must admit, there are times when I lie awake and will him to sigh loudly or move because I still feel nervous that he hasn't woken yet and something might be wrong. The last 6 months has programmed me to wake every 2 hours to tend to him and thus satiating my fears: I know that he is okay if he wakes. Plus, it's nice to be needed and I love being able to put him to sleep in my arms. I return to my statement at the beginning of sleep training: it is much more about training the parents than training the baby. 

I'm still aiming for the 10 hour continual sleep. But perhaps, I am not ready to give up the quiet time I have feeding him in the wee hours of the morning. I will get there! WE will get there together. 



Note: Do NOT watch the TV series The Walking Dead while sleep training! It leads to many sleepless nights not induced by baby waking.


1 comment:

Charmaine Poulin said...

YAY!!!! I just read your progress backwards....you're making huge improvements!!! Hugs!