Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bad Boy Dragon Child Night 5

I don't know what to do with myself...I had an uninterrupted evening with hubby for the first time in a long time. BBDC went down at 6:30 pm after only 20 minutes of protesting.  He briefly yelled out at 7:10 pm to which hubby went upstairs to sit beside him, but as soon as he entered the room, he had already settled himself. He did not wake until 12:30 am! Unfortunately, I stayed up until 10:30 pm so only had 2 hours nap before he woke, but still, HUGE improvement. He woke again at 3:42 am and then 5:50 am. I fed him back to sleep every time he woke as hubby was on call and only slept about 3 hours last night. Unfortunately, I laid awake between the 3:45 am - 5:50 am feeds - I need to sleep train myself I think. 

Then, BBDC went back to bed at 9:00 am after a 7:30 am wake up and he is still asleep at 11:00 am. I haven't had a Saturday morning to myself in 6 months! 

I'm half-way through sleep training and I feel that I have become much more confident with letting him cry through and self-settle in his bed. I have realised that he can fall asleep without my assistance. I still have a long way to go, as we have to travel again soon so we may go back to square one, but I feel I know how to problem-solve minor issues now. 

Let's hope we keep improving! Perhaps my Bad Boy Dragon Child will soon be a Good Boy Dragon Child and sleep all the way through? Am I too hopeful? 

Aims: STOP FEEDING THE LITTLE GUY THROUGH THE NIGHT!


No comments: